Bluehost does a good job of balancing price and features for businesses that need a bit of hand-holding, while also offering plenty of options to experienced administrators.
Bluehost doesn’t offer month-to-month shared hosting options. Instead, it requires you to sign up for an annual plan. If you sign up for a two-year or three-year plan, you get discounts. If you commit to staying put for three years, the service’s $3.95 per month rate is attractive. That said, those who don’t want lengthy commitments will probably prefer HostGator’s month-to-month options.
The Starter shared hosting package (from $5.99 per month with a one-year contract) includes a free domain name that you can keep as long as you use Bluehost, free domain name transfer, 100GB of storage, unlimited monthly data transfers, and the ability to host a single website. The Plus package (starting at $9.99 per month with a one-year contract) adds an antispam tool as well as unlimited storage, websites, and mailboxes. The Business Pro package (starting at $19.99 per month with a one-year contract) tops all of Bluehost’s shared hosting plans with a dedicated IP address, an SSL certificate, site backup, and two antispam applications. It’s very easy to use
Biggest Pros of BlueHost :
1. Very Solid Server Performance:
I am quite impressed with BlueHost’s server performance recently. The web host scored 99.9% uptime on average in 2014, and have landed in my Top 5 Uptime Scoring Hosts several times this year.
2. BlueHost Speed-Performance and Uptime :
We added a new testing method recently and check our test site response times from
Fast Page Loading
Last 11 month average load times:
- January 2018 average speed: 410ms
- February 2018 average speed: 420ms
- March 2018 average speed: 423ms
- April 2018 average speed: 410ms
- May 2018 average speed: 418ms
- June 2018 average speed: 432ms
- July 2018 average speed: 406ms
- August 2018 average speed: 402ms
- September 2018 average speed: 400ms
- October 2018 average speed : 409ms
- November 2018 average speed : 406ms
Strong Uptime of >99.99%
Overall, it’s the best uptime we’ve seen over the past 11 months after monitoring over 25 hosts:
- January 2018 average uptime: 100%
- February 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- March 2018 average uptime: 100%
- April 2018 average uptime: 99%
- May 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- June 2018 average uptime: 100%
- July 2018 average uptime: 100%
- August 2018 average uptime: 100%
- September 2018 average uptime: 100%
- October 2018 average uptime: 99.99%
- November 2018 average uptime: 100%
3. CPU throttling is no longer an issue :
We hosted 8 niche sites at BlueHost account at this time of writing. There were no CPU throttling witnessed for the past few years, and you seldom see complaints on this issue nowadays. This convinced that CPU limiting factor (as BlueHost named it) is no longer a major concern.
4. Money-Back Guarantee :
Bluehost’s hosting packages come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is standard fare in the Web hosting space. That said, Dreamhost bests it with an impressive 97-day money back guarantee.
Sign up for BlueHost (Discount added into the link)