Every startup name is important and you should invest time while searching for a brand name because it’s one of the important factors that can make your business popular. e.g: Insurance.com was sold for $35.6 million and this means that have a huge sum of money to spend on a domain name.
If your startup is well funded then don’t hesitate to spend money on a domain name. But it’s important to do a forecasting to know whether this sum of money that I am going to spend on a domain name. Will it provide me benefits? Can it provide me an advantage over other names?
Now coming to a point which domains we should buy and is it necessary to spent four, five, and six or even sever figure for just a domain name.
There are usually hundreds of domain marketplaces to buy a domain name but it’s not necessary to go there to buy a domain name and spent four or five figures. There is a simple solution for that there are many companies like Boskier Inc that provides brainstorming a Brand and domain for just $ 5 – $ 150 depending on whether you want an only brand name or you can include extra services like a domain check, social media check, and Trademark check.
So why is it better to buy a service from there rather opting for an option to buy from a marketplace?
- Customization: The most important thing is customization. We can tell these companies what kind of domain we want and what not. What should be included and what not to include. E.g. while purchasing a flat you can get two options a readymade one and another one where u can tell a developer which kind of design and flat you want and after you approve it. He can work on your project.
- Your Brand Name and Domain Name should match: If you are purchasing a domain name first it might create confusion or if you are creating a brand name first, this also might create confusion. Maybe the Brand name you registered and the domain name is not available. Or you purchased a domain name but a Brand name is already trademarked in your country.
So better is to create a brand name and domain name at the same time while keeping trademark and social media check-in mind. E.g. when Dropbox was launched they used a domain name GetDropbox.com, but later they changed a domain name and purchased a Dropbox.com because they’re a huge chunk of traffic was navigated directly to Dropbox.com, which they did not own. Save yourself some trouble and pick a startup name and domain name together.
Now in case you are trying to create your domain name yourself.
In that case below tips will be useful:
- Use a domain name generator : To get an idea or kind of a suggestion I suggest using a domain name generator. There are many kinds of domain name generators online but I would suggest using Domainglo. It works in three ways. First, it generates a different kind of domain. The second option is my favorite one in which a team of Domainglo has put handpicked domain names. And last but not least it provides keyword suggestion based on your keyword.
- Choose always a .com domain but note that doesn’t guarantee success. There are many startups that have done well with other domain extensions like .net, .org, .io and many more but there is always an advantage with .com as most of the people use .com while searching web.
- Choose short, catchy and easy to spell name.
- Try to avoid using hyphens and numbers in a domain name
By following this small step by step guide you can avoid mistakes that many founders make while choosing a brand or domain name.
Your brand name and a domain name is probably not going to make your startup. It certainly doesn’t hurt to have a great name, but a great name can have a much greater impact on your startup for a long time run.
After brand name every one needs. You can learn now how to start a blog in 2019